Do you want to create your healthcare app? If you are one of the start-up entrepreneurs that want to build a healthcare app, this article is helpful. Here, we have summed up the procedure to develop the healthcare app. So, you can understand how to build a user-centric health app.
Moreover, we have also discussed the types of healthcare apps you can build. At last, you will understand the estimated cost of the healthcare app. When Covid-19 affected the world, the healthcare industry changed drastically. So, we have included the mobile app development Trends.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Need Healthcare Apps?
- 2 What Are Healthcare App Ideas?
- 3 Lifestyle Apps:
- 4 Physical Fitness Apps:
- 5 Counselling Healthcare Apps:
- 6 Training Apps:
- 7 One-Demand Apps:
- 8 Specialized Apps:
- 9 What Are Must-Have Features Of Healthcare Apps?
- 10 How Can You Create Your Healthcare App?
- 11 Development Stage:
- 12 The Development Takes For Backend And Frontend.
- 13 Testing/Quality Assurance:
- 14 App Release & Handholding:
- 15 What Are Challenges To Develop Healthcare Apps?
- 16 How Much Does It Cost To Develop Healthcare Apps?
- 17 Wrapping Up:
Why Need Healthcare Apps?
Approximately, 1 to 5 % of the population is health-conscious. When Covid-19 affected the world, the number increased to at least double. More and more people are using healthcare products. They’re more conscious about health and fitness. So, the use of healthcare apps has also increased.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s easy to make people conscious about their overall health. Apart from health products, there are many apps available to take care of your physical fitness. So, the need for smart apps has increased with Trends in Post-Covid mobile app development.
What Are Healthcare App Ideas?
Let us start this article with a brief introduction to mobile app trends for the healthcare industry. The following are the most common healthcare app ideas you can consider. These Medical Apps have high demand in the market. So, all types of mobile apps for the medical niche have a bright future and significant profitability.
You can create your healthcare app to track the lifestyle of patients and normal people. I can have different features to track their physical fitness. Say, for example, exercise, sleep, heart rate, calories intake, menstrual cycle, and many more. It lets the user track their fetal development. You can also include some specific instructions and services for aged people.
Physical Fitness Apps:
You can build some specialized coaching apps to help people stay fit. It can help them keep working out with different instructions. It includes swimming, running, biking, and more.
Counselling Healthcare Apps:
If you can bridge healthcare practitioners and patients, it is great. The reason is, patients can book their appointment with professionals. So, therapists, doctors, and specialists can instruct patients through the app. You can build these non-emergency apps to ease patient recovery.
Training Apps include many types. Either you can build healthcare training apps or gym training apps. Healthcare apps can let seniors and practitioners train their staff members. Also, gym apps help the instructor to guide his clients. There is one more subcategory for training apps. You can build yoga and exercise apps to direct target users. It can include specific infographic instructions.
One of the trends in Post-Covid Healthcare Apps is on-demand app. You can build this app to keep professionals on demand. So, doctors, counsellors, physiotherapists, and physicians can respond in an emergency.
These apps include the development of mobile apps for different categories of patients and professionals. So, you can also say it’s a customized app. You can target a specific age group, diseases, and a group of professionals. It makes the app easy to develop and manage.
What Are Must-Have Features Of Healthcare Apps?
Health apps must have relevant and useful features. You can include some basic features to advanced features like video conferencing. So, let’s discuss must-have features when you create your healthcare app.
- Create Profile:- The healthcare app must let users create and manage their profiles. They should be able to upload their data and create a valid profile. You can collect data like age, weight, height, gender, and more. But keep the process simple.
- Navigate Dashboard:- any apps with a dashboard is like a goal without vision. You can include an activity log and feed where users can scroll through the information.
- Chatting Tools:- Medical Apps should have communicative tools to let users interact with professionals. You can include textual, audio, and video tools. So, users don’t feel left alone.
- Alerts:– You can include notifications and reminders. So, users get new updates and remember their upcoming appointments.
- Update Data:- Users want to update their data whenever they need it. So, you must let them use am accessible user data that are updatable. Here, you can use cloud integration.
- Privacy/Security:– If you want to create your healthcare app, you must ensure security and privacy are protected. So, users can trust the platform and change their lives.
- Payment Gateways:- If you want to monetize your app, you must add secured payment gateways. There must be assured data and transaction security.
- Goal Settings:- You can keep users active and engaged by letting them set up goals. Also, they must be able to perform a few tasks.
- Integrate to wearables.
- Set goals.
- Share on social media.
- Upload testimonials.
How Can You Create Your Healthcare App?
Medical app development includes some crucial steps. So, you can go through the process below to understand how to build a healthcare mobile app.
Idea &Market Research:
The first step is to research the market based on the available idea. So, you can understand if the market needs to have an healthcare app on that particular idea. You can also start with resources you have and plan accordingly. The following points are a must for market research.
- Research market to identify the need.
- What is the reach of the app?
- Which services you can provide that other apps don’toffer?
- What could be the future and scalability?
Decide Target Users And Define Their Needs:
The first step is to understand who your app’s users are. Moreover, you must ensure your app solves their problems and meet their needs. You need to build your app according to market trends and userneeds. So, you can target your customers and decide the type and the size of your healthcare app. Hence, the planning phase includes the following.
Planning & Scheduling:
Once you understand your app’s user, you can plan the type of app. Here, you must plan the services and features that you offer through healthcare app. additionally, you have to schedule the milestones and tasks for development and post-development phases. It includes the type of app development like Native app or hybrid app. Also, you can plan which technology is suitable for you to build the particular healthcare app. So, planning phase includes the following.
- Deciding key features
- Team building
- Tech Stack
- Creating the outline of the design
It is the main step to building a mobile app. Here, the actual development of the healthcare app takes place. So, you must prefer a technically sound team. They are experts in smart app development for the healthcare niche. The team of smart app development can build mobile apps for native users and hybrid users. The following procedure is a must to build healthcare mobile app.
The Development Takes For Backend And Frontend.
Development of Backend:
It includes the process of creating and maintaining servers and web applications. Here, users and professional or doctors can keep their data for future reference. So, backend needs cloud solutions if there is large data to be uploaded and edited. SQL, firebase, and many types of database solutions are available.
Once you have understood the market, the actual development can take place. So, you can try MVP model. It aims to gather end-user’s feedback. The developers focus on key design considerations that include the following.
- Prepare an outline concept and start building app.
- Add different elements of design phase like UI/UX, AI or IoT, if needed.
- Adding and adjusting features like screen rotation, functional buttons, and activities.
- Interlinking activities to streamline the app’s functionalities.
- Adding third-party services to provide security.
In short, the Frontend is the end product that users use. Once both, backend and frontend are ready, the developers integrate them to check and release the app for quality test.
Once the primary model or prototype app is ready, you need to test it through real users who are not a developer. So, you can collect some essential feedback. After that, improvement takes place. So, the quality assurance engineer can assure the performance of the app.
App Release & Handholding:
Once a smart app development company releases your healthcare app, they provide continuous support. So, you don’t have to let go of the development team after releasing your app. There are post-release stages like update, improve or add features, and upgrade the technology. So, a reputed app development company will provide handholding supports.
What Are Challenges To Develop Healthcare Apps?
While building mobile apps for trends in Post-Covid, there are some challenges. Of course, building medical apps is never easy or quick. So, let’s quickly go through the challenges a mobile app developer faces and tirelessly tackles.
- The security and privacy of users is the first challenge. Some users with specific diseases or health issues want to keep their data protected.
- If the app is not available, it’ll work slow with more users. So, making the app scalable is a must.
- Some apps work on many devices and gadgets like mobile devices and wearables. So, the developers need to integrate IoT.
- Market research is one of the most influencing factors of mobile app development. An idea without a need or plan is not profitable or successful.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop Healthcare Apps?
Like any other app, the cost of health apps depends on many factors. It includes features, functionalities, size, cloud, IoT, and more. So, if you want to create your healthcare app, you must ask for an estimated cost from the developer team. Generally, the development cost starts at $30 per hour. Based on the project, it goes from $100 per hour to $150 per hour development So, the approximate cost of healthcare apps can be anywhere between $15,000 to $75,000. It may increase based on the type and size of the app.
Do you have any idea to create your healthcare app? If yes, you can find a smart app development company and let them work on your project. Or else, you can choose one idea among trends in Post-Covid Healthcare Apps. So, you can plan your business. We have discussed the above healthcare apps and market needs. We also discuss the types of apps, must-have features, development, and cost. If you still have any queries regarding healthcare app development, let us know.